Street Child Africa Charity Golf Day
May 23, 2011
My name is Nadine and I am helping organize a charity golf day for Street Child Africa (www.streetchildafrica.org.uk) to be held on 9th September at the Hoebridge Golf Club in Woking.
The format of the play is a Stableford Competition off full handicap, in teams of four, with best two scores to count on all holes. The cost is only £300 for a team of four and includes coffee/bacon rolls on arrival and two course dinner with prize giving. Ex-Footballer and Sky TV presenter John Salako will be playing and he will give a short talk before giving out the prizes at the dinner.
Regarding our charity we fund ten grass-roots organizations in seven countries across sub Sahara Africa, the poorest geographical region on the planet. We fund teams of trained, trustworthy adults to go out on the streets, seeking out and befriending vulnerable street children, offering them basic education or a chance to visit the drop in centre for a wash and a rest. They can get access to recreation as well as advice on medical issues and nutrition. Some of our partners run crèches for the babies of street children.
• £1.30 feeds a new street baby for a day in a crèche in the slums of Accra
• £13 per child per year will provide medical care to the children of the streets of Maputo
• £40 will support a former street child in a school for a year in Zambia
• £100 pays for a trained worker to be on the streets with the children for one month
• £450 allows Irene to shelter one street child in her home in Zimbabwe for a year
If you could support us that would be fantastic!
For details contact Nadine by email on Nadine@streetchildafrica.org.uk, or by phone +(44) 0208 972 9820, or visit the website.