The One Way Community Services Charity Golf Day, South Africa
February 1, 2012
The One Way Community Services Charity Golf Day will take place on the 21st March at the Riviera on Vaal Country Club in Three Rivers, Vereeniging, South Africa.
Full details can be found here - An entry form can be downloaded here.
One Way Community Services has been registered as a section 21 company since 2002. Our involvement has been mainly in the area of children and HIV/AIDS with our focus being mainly the Vaal Triangle area of South Africa.
Our mission is to see communities changed through hope and restoration. This is practically outworked through our various projects. All our projects benefit mainly African children in need.
We are currently running the following projects:
• Ikageng Shelter for homeless and abandoned boys. Currently we have 10 African boys between the ages of 10 and 17.
• Khanya Khaya Home for homeless and abandoned girls. Currently we have 5 African girls between the ages of 13 and 17. If the homeless are empowered and given the tools to succeed in life, communities will change for the better.
• +Vantage: A schools partnership program. Many schools are experiencing a leadership, administrative and teaching crisis. +Vantage partners with these schools to create meaningful and long-lasting change by developing people and helping them to realize their potential for independence. If schools are functioning optimally, communities will change for the better.
• Princess Project: Assists Grd 12 girls by partnering them with women who are upstanding role models¹ who can pass on life skills and help the girls prepare for their formal dance² Last year we had 14 girls between the ages of 17 and 18. If woman are empowered, communities will change for the better.
• New Hope Hospital Project: Serving children and nurses in the paediatric ward in Sebokeng Hospital. If hospitals are functioning optimally, communities will change for the better.
• One-off community renovations: We serve community institutions practically by renovating their facilities. Last year we renovated the Horizon Hospice in Vereenging. - Ed.
¹ These role models are women in the affiliated church (One Way Community Church) and other women in the community, such as working professionals, who are known to the Charity and have Godly principles, and can be a good example to the girls. - Ed.
² This is their Matriculation or 'Prom' dance - the mentors sponsor things such as the girls' dresses, make-up etc. - Ed.