Anyone tried the Rapsodo MLM 2 Pro? Looking for a review!

Rapsodo MLM 2 Pro Review

I’ve been hearing a lot about the Rapsodo MLM 2 Pro, and I’m really curious about how it performs on the course or during practice sessions. For those who have used it, could you provide some insights? Here are some points I’m particularly interested in:

Features

• Launch Monitor Capabilities: How accurate is the data it provides? Are the numbers consistent over multiple swings?
  • Usability: Is it easy to set up and start using? How user-friendly is the app?
  • Portability: Can it easily be taken to the range or the course?

Performance

• Distance Tracking: How well does it track your distance and ball speed? Does it give reasonable feedback?
  • Improvement Insights: Have you noticed a difference in your game since using it?

Overall Impressions

• I’m also curious about the battery life and any potential drawbacks you might have experienced. Would you recommend it to someone looking to improve their game?

Thanks in advance for your feedback! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

8 Likes

I’ve been using the Rapsodo MLM 2 Pro for a few weeks now, and I find the distance measurements to be impressively accurate. It matches well with my on-course results.

4 Likes

That’s great to hear! Have you compared the ball speed readings with other launch monitors? I’m curious to see how it holds up against them.

I have the same device and absolutely love it! The launch angles seem spot on. I’ve checked them with an older monitor and there’s not much difference.

I think the accuracy is generally good, but sometimes the spin rates seem slightly off compared to my experiences on the course. Anyone else notice this?

I noticed that too! It seems like the spin rates fluctuate a bit more than I expected. It makes me wonder if environmental conditions affect it.

I’ve tried a few different monitors and have to say the Rapsodo really shines in its portability. Although, I do wish it was a bit more consistent in spin measurements.

2 Likes

Overall, I think it’s a solid device for casual use but might not be as precise as some higher-end launch monitors at a fitting session.

That’s a fair assessment. I do find that for the price, getting relatively accurate data is worth it for my practice sessions.

I’ve been using it mostly in my backyard, and the distance readings have been pretty consistent with my performance in actual rounds.

It’s funny you say that, Robert! I was skeptical at first, but I find it amusing when my Rapsodo gives me misleading readings on a slight mishit. Some days I just blame the device!

I’m really curious about how the Rapsodo handles uneven lies. Anyone had experiences with that?

8 Likes

I actually tested that last week. It wasn’t perfect, but the numbers seemed reasonable. Just be cautious with the launch angle.

3 Likes

I like the features, but I’m wondering if anyone has experienced any software glitches? I’ve had a couple of odd instances while analyzing my data.

Good point, Lgreen. I had a random crash once during a session. It was frustrating, but overall it hasn’t affected my feedback.

I still find it amazing how much tech has advanced in golf! If only I could send my ball to the fairway with a sensor! :joy:

Honestly, I appreciate the feedback here. I might pull the trigger on this monitor soon!

7 Likes

You won’t regret it, Teresa! Just give it some time and track your results closely. You may find it resonates with your way of playing!

I’ve had the Rapsodo MLM 2 Pro for a few weeks now. The setup was a breeze—just a quick download of the app and you’re good to go! It connects really well.

That’s great to hear! How about the user interface? Is it intuitive enough for beginners?